UPDATED: The February 2014 Great Panic Toast Cookoff begins on February 13th. Details below!
“Into each life, some snow must fall, but the denizens of the little state of New Jersey know there is but one response… keep calm and toast on.
When the snow comes down, each home becomes an island with its own insular cuisine. Until now, we’ve just assumed that one family’s ‘panic French toast’ is the same as another’s. Today we find out for sure. Use the marvel of modern technology to share your secret French toast recipes and photos for a chance to win one bottle of (Vermont) maple sugar, one trophy creamer, and bragging rights over all of Jerseydom in the coming year! You know you want to – what else are you going to do when all cooped up?”
- During and after the next snowfall (
predicted to be Wednesday into Thursday, Feb 12-13ON February 13th) cook up your best shot at Panic Toast. Be creative. Nothing is off limits! It just needs to follow the basic theme of Panic Toast and must primarily consist of all three traditional Panic Toast ingredients (eggs, milk, and bread).
- Take pictures of it. Again, be creative! Show off your photographic skills.
- Go to the official Facebook page, and post your pictures
in the appropriate thread (one will be open as soon as the snow starts falling)right here along with what you’ve named your interpretation, and how you’d like it to go down in history. 🙂
- Once the snow is over and all toast is eaten, I’ll open up a poll where you can vote on which Panic Toast you like best.
- The winner will be given a jar of Vermont Granulated Maple Sugar and a Trophy Creamer! — And bragging rights. Those are important, too.
Also, feel free to spread the word by changing your Facebook profile image to one of these:
Required Disclaimer: This contest isn’t affiliated with or endorsed by Facebook.